Net weight = 2 kg
Diamond V XPC is a proprietary strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast that has been scientifically proven to provide the following benefits:
- Improves fibre and starch digestion and the extraction of nutrients from feed
- Boosts immune system responses
- Buffers acid pH
- Prevents or eliminate feed related diarrhoea
- Prevents bloating/gas and soft manure when feeding grain
- Minimises the stress of travelling/floating
- Source of B vitamins and folic acid
- Supports recovery from heavy exercise
- Can reduce the negative effects of mycotoxins
- Helps improve gut function in horses that are recovering from:
- surgery, for example, colic
- antibiotic therapy
- heat stroke
Diamond V XPC is a prebiotic. XPC is the most concentrated form, 4x more concentrated than Diamond V.
As a prebiotic, the yeast supports the growth of intestinal bacteria, as it contains bacteria that are used as a food source for the beneficial gut bacteria.
Diamond V XPC S. cerevisiae yeast has been shown to successfully colonise the large intestine and facilitates better fibre fermentation by selectively feeding on lactate, thus keeping colonic pH higher. The yeast also contributes acetate, an important fuel for energy.
There are no fillers or artificial ingredients. It’s entirely live S. cerevisiae yeast and the media on which it was grown, in a dried form preserving the fermenting activity of the yeast. XPC is the highest concentration form.
It has also been suggested that S. cerevisiae can have a beneficial effect to reduce hindgut laminitis, because yeast could regulate caecal pH, enhance digestive stability and protect from endotoxin pathogens proliferation involved in laminitis.